When you're visiting a good tag sale, there's a good chance you're going to have to wait in line. Even when you're not early birding and dealing with number systems and dealers. Do this at enough homes in a day, or for long enough at one particularly good estate, and the sun starts taking its toll. These are my tag sale line essentials.
- A wide brim hat. I like this particular Missoni for Target hat because it's really lightweight felt.
- Medium or dark tinted sunglasses with UVA/UVB protection. And a nice shock of red never hurt anyone.
- SPF 40+. I'm in love with this one by Shiseido right now: Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 For Face/Body. People say anything above 30, but all I can tell you is these dials go to effing 11, my friends. I'm also a fan of the Neutrogena sunscreens but I've been favoring this one because it does face and body and doesn't sting my face.
- A lightweight shawl to protect my skin and allow airflow. Again, Missoni for Target is my hero. It was the best quality of all the recent Target collabs. A cardigan, denim jacket, hoodie draped over your shoulders works in a pinch, too.
- Water. I infuse with strawberry and basil, blackberry and lemon, any combo of fruits and herbs I have on hand to keep the water interesting. I also toss in some chia seeds.
- Snack bar. During the Lunchtime Lull is the best time to peruse a tag sale in relative peace and quiet, so I have a snack on hand in case there are too many good sales in a day. ;)
Cue brief, unrelated tangent in which I show off my "new" sterling & turquoise Navajo bracelet:
I got it at Brimfield y'all. Isn't it the most?
Incidentally, I like to wear a lot of tag/estate sale finds when I'm visiting sales. It's called SHOWING OFF. ;)
- Plein Sud top & skirt from a tag sale in Manhasset.
- Missoni for Target hat & shawl, both scored at Target in Westbury.
- Dior sunglasses from Nordstrom Rack in the Gallery at Westbury Plaza.
- Mulberry bag from a tag sale in Plainview.
- Turquoise & sterling Navajo bracelet from Brimfield.
- Lace ankle socks from Sock Dreams.
Do you wear a lot of secondhand? What are your tag sale-ing essentials? Let's hear about it in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't have anything to say right now? Give a +1 instead! Just click the G+1 button right below.