|Photos by Alyssa of Runway Chef|
A little while back I did lunch with one of my faves: Alyssa of Runway Chef. We did some quick outfit shots for each other while we were at it. :) Check out my photos of hers here.
My inspiration for this outfit went like this:
- My PFF (that's Poshmark Friend Forever) jessicarabbit13 found this insane Moschino vest for me.
- I need to be wearing this vest All Of The Time.
I'd never wear this on a picture, marking, or sale day, though. Too much light color begging to get filthy when we start moving stuff around and this heel height isn't conducive to moving heavy things on plush carpeting.
Can we talk about the perfect "serendipity" of always finding things at tag sales that turn out to be on trend later? I don't even have to try to do this. These drapey camel coats are officially trending everywhere and I've had mine ready to go since August. This one is by ever underrated DKNY. It is perfection. Alyssa, incidentally, has it in white in her Poshmark closet. That makes a statement. :)
Remember in my last outfit post I mentioned this MCM bag would be in this post? It is so freaking versatile. Obviously it makes a perfect hands-free backpack (because it's a backpack) but I actually might prefer it as a wrist/hand bag. And it's still a backpack when I need it to be. How many times can I say backpack in one paragraph?
Yeah, this outfit is also total sass from the back. Love the bold black and white stripe mixed with the less competitive brown and white in the skirt. I have plenty of tush but cinching a vertical stripe is a great way to trick the eye when you don't have one (and draw attention to it when you do ;) ).
Le. Sigh. Jess knows me too well. (She says she asks herself if Adina from Ab Fab would wear it and shows it to me when the answer is "yes.") Who else has a vest with a rocking sheep on it? Probably not that many people and that's part of what really good fashion is all about for me.
- DKNY camel coat from tag sale in Great Neck
- Moschino Cheap and Chic sheep vest from cheekbones on Poshmark
- Karl Lagerfeld sleeveless sweater from tag sale in Woodbury
- American Apparel brown seersucker skirt from triplyksis on Poshmark
- Betsey Johnson OTK socks from Nordstrom Rack in South Jersey
- Burberry Prorsum buckle wedges from Nordstrom Rack in Old Westbury
- MCM logo backpack from tag sale in East Hills
Don't have anything to say right now? Give a +1 instead! Just click the G+1 button right below.