This weekend was my grandfather's burial/celebration of life in Annapolis. Took a detour in Arlington/DC with my sis to get ready. We hung out in:
- Daikaya - for dinner drinks upstairs and ramen downstairs. We got a private booth and a fun waiter and the ramen was yum.
- Shooter McGee's - a cute pub near my sister's apartment. When it's busy, it has a rep for being insiders only but we were there for late lunch and had a (gorgeous) friendly waitress and no trouble getting our food (which was solid/better than average).
- Pitango Gelato - amazing end of the night treat.
On vacation, especially, I'm all about outfits that can easily transition from day to night. I still over pack and love options but I never want to bother with changing outfits for night, even when everyone else is. This outfit fits the bill for me.
I'm an accessories person (big shock) and the anchor pin is what elevates the outfit to nighttime-appropriate status for me. I would have been comfy anywhere the food was under $40 per entree. It was about $20-$25 all together per person at Daikaya. People do keep it a little more casual in this muggy summer heat.
I stole this top from my sis, by the way. She looked cute in it, too, but she can't go braless the way I can (check out the back detail down below) so I nabbed it without her ever getting to wear it. I'm incorrigible.
- Ruana/shawl (I wore it every day!) from Poshmark.
- Bow back striped top from SeesterMonster. (She got it at TJMaxx.)
- American Apparel black skirt from a tag sale in Great Neck.
- Lanvin pink and orange sandals from Last Call in Potomac Mills.
- Coach Archival two-tone Willis in light sand/watermelon from Macy's in Walt Whitman Mall.
- Prada Minimal Baroque sunglasses from local seller on eBay.
- Vintage rhinestone anchor pin from estate sale in Dix Hills.
- Earrings, turquoise, Lanvin watch from various tag sales.
- Cartier Love bracelet, inherited.
Don't have anything to say right now? Give a +1 instead! Just click the G+1 button right below.